WHO WE ARE
Student Career Connection is a regional intermediary for business and education established on May 25, 2008 as a 501c3.
We partner with schools, businesses and communities to prepare students to enter and succeed in the 21st Century Workplace.
We provide opportunities where students can discover, explore and prepare for their future careers by connecting them to the world of business through workplace learning experiences.
We believe that by investing in students we can secure our country's future. The question isn't what will it cost us? The real question is what will it cost us if we don't? Students that participate in workplace learning experiences are more engaged as learners and more likely to discover and pursue a potential career while in high school. We want to grow our future workforce by helping students be college and career ready when they graduate.
OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Lane Plugge - Green Hills Area Education Agency
Jeanine Larsen - Iowa Western Community College
Brett Naninga - Tri-Center Community School District
Kim Jones - Lewis Central High School
Richard Christie - University of Nebraska - Omaha
Mark Ford - FFG Consulting, LLC
Marty Stavas - Stavas Insurance Agency, Inc.
Students, Educators and Businesses
OUR CORE PARTNERS
The Loess Hills Area Education Agency 13 and Iowa Western Community College
OUR CORE VALUES
- Act with integrity, honesty and fairness to our customers
- Be reliable and trustworthy in all situations
- Encourage personal growth in everyone
- Commit to long term partnerships
- Commit to outstanding customer service
- Always be open and direct with our customers
- Operate in a responsible manner and be accountable for our actions
- Pay attention to details and a pursue quality workplace learning experiences
- Strive for high standards while being open to change and continuous improvement
- Focus on relevant feedback and develop the most effective ways to minimize risk and cost
- Commit to continuous improvement while being flexible and balanced in all that we do